2. Add one tablespoon of wig shampoo to a sink filled with cold water.
3. Immerse wig for one minute and agitate gently. Do not rub.
4. Rinse the wig gently in cold clear water twice or until thoroughly rinsed.
5. Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not squeeze or wring.
6. Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10-12 inches from the wig.
7. Allow the wig to air dry on a slender object like a can of hairspray or a shampoo bottle covered with a hand towel. Styrofoam heads may stretch the cap.
8. Do not use a hair dryer. Air dries only. You may gently style the wig with your fingertips.
9. Brush wig only when completely dry. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
2. Choose a style
3. Choose a colour
4. Make your purchase
A standard cap is the most common and most affordable cap design. The layers of hair are machine-sewed onto the cap, which has a closed lace layer at the crown. The hair is pre-designed into a specific style and the crown is often lightly teased or crimped so you cannot see down through to the cap. This type of cap often gives the hair a natural lift at the crown for volume.
A capless wig is very similar to the standard cap design. However, instead of the closed lace layer at the crown, it has vertical lace strips with open spaces between the wefts. The open-wefting in the crown, back, and sides allows for maximum ventilation. This makes the cap lighter weight and cooler than a standard cap.
Monofilament caps are constructed using a thin, breathable nylon or polyester mesh material at the crown that gives the illusion of skin and assumes the wearer’s natural scalp color by partially revealing the scalp below. Monofilament caps offer the most natural look as well as styling versatility because each hair is individually hand tied at the crown so the hair can be parted and brushed in any direction. The entire wig may be hand tied, or the wig may have a monofilament crown with wefted sides and back. Monofilament wigs are an especially good choice for those with severe or total hair loss as the cap is soft, unlike cloth material, which can be itchy to those with sensitive scalps.